Thursday, January 8, 2009

Do It Yourself Marriage Retreat

I just came across a this Do-it-yourself Marriage Retreat document online. I read through it pretty quickly but I noticed there were some questions in it that I wouldn't think about discussing with my husband on my own. Chris is still sleeping but I am going to say that this is something we will try. It is for Christian couples which means the questions are designed for stay at home moms and their bread winning dads. For us, being a couple with two incomes and no kids, we will need to adapt some of the questions to our lifestyle (that apparently isn't very Christian), but I digress. Lord help me, I am trying to be humble.

Anyways, here is the PDF file. I hope it works ok; my computer skills are non-existent when Chris is asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awhile back ago on my website, i asked a question about what my married readers would do if the wife had a higher education than the husband and could therefore earn more money than the husband. would the husband stay at home and raise the kids while the mom worked, or if the mom would stay at home and let the dad struggle to provide.

I was amazed at how often the response was that the wife should stay home and let the dad struggle. I fail to see how that could be biblical. I said all of this, to say not to put yourself down because you are a two income family. I think it is more biblical to work and pay bills than it is for a wife to stay home.