Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Butte College Journal

I have lots of filled (or partially filled) journals laying around my house. I think it's time to start going through them, learning what I can about myself, then getting rid of them and moving on. Here are the highlights of my past year.

Things I was musing over:
  • the differences between "shadow" and "shade"
  • Why I sometimes lie to avoid confrontation and embarrassment
  • How to survive domestication -I wrote this after having to be at home all day by myself with nothing to do.
Projects I was working on:
  • 2009 women's retreat -Theme: "Healing Blood"
  • Lifeway writing assignment -huge assignment I did about being a servant like Christ. It was supposed to go online but I haven't seen it at all.
  • Brittney's house warming party -now she's all grown up and getting married!
  • Fund raising for young woman's ministries (stopped because everything fell through)
  • Devotional assignment for Lifeway about Jesus being the only way to salvation.
  • Started working on a personal essay for the Sac Bee but never finished.
Significant moments:
  • The day we brought home Dozer
  • 2008 VBS -I love my group of 5th and 6th graders
  • September 6, 2008 -Youth Day
  • August 30, 2008 -SYC car wash fundraiser
  • Writer's workshop at the Paradise library
Sunday School:
  • August 10, 2008 -Help in our Christian walk (Hebrews 2:14-18, 3:5-14)
  • August 31, 2008 -Getting through our Christian walk (Hebrews 12)
  • Date unknown -Romans Road
Something I wrote after a walk with Dozer in the Park:

Walk.
A carnival with laughing kids.
Everyone is happy.
I am alone but peaceful.
Not scared.
A man with jeans on.
Is He following me?

I'm excited to have kids someday.
To take them to the park or a carnival.
Until then I must watch from a distance.
Watch smiling children come up to me,
To pet my dog.
I'm more of a dog person anyways.

That is all for my Butte College journal. I can now recycle those memories. One small step to getting rid of some of the junk around my house.

No comments: