Sunday, January 27, 2008

My purpose and Goals

Recently, I was looking at some websites on debt-management. One site had me fill out my life purposes and goals. I wanted to share them with you here.

My life Purpose

My relationship with God:

To constantly grow and deepen in every situation.


My relationship with my family and friends:
To never take my family for granted. To view my family as a gift and to treat them as such.


My service to others:

To do the will of God in their lives.


Summary of life purpose:
To never let anything hinder my communication with the Almighty Father.


Short Term Goals

God:
To learn how to listen to His voice. To open up lines of communication and be open to what He has to say to me personally.



Family and Friends:

To be a better friend by being a support and listener. To be a better wife by not being so lazy and taking care of the household needs.



Service to others/ministry:

To be passionate about peoples lives and to seek out the needs of others.


Financial (Income, Debt, Savings, Investments, Giving, Spending):


To start living within our means. Giving to the church. Buying groceries instead of take-out.



Career/Skills:

To improve on the job I have right now and find another part time job to help me catch up financially.

General:

Just to be the best that I can.




God:
To have a clear line of communication with my Father. To be a woman of prayer.

Family and Friends:

I want to start a family of my own.

Service to others/ministry:
To be a good counselor and friend.

Financial (Income, Debt, Savings, Investments, Giving, Spending):
To live debt-free and able to send my kids (if I have them) to college.

Career/Skills:
To go into management.

General:
I want to be a person that people look up to and want to be like.


I don't know much about this website. You can check it out at www.crown.org
It says it's a free service but wants you to buy their book. Sounds pretty lame to me. I am going to try and get things under control without spending any money. That sounds like the best plan to me.

No comments: