Thursday, December 11, 2008

End of the Year Reflections

The end of 2008 is quickly approaching. More quickly than I would like, however. It is the time of year (for me anyways) to take a breather and reflect on the past year and start making positive decisions for 2009.

When people ask me what's been going on in my life, I usually respond with, "Same as always". The fact is, a lot has changed in the past year. The biggest change is probably getting a dog. Chris and I, in the entire 6 years we have been together, have never had a pet. This was a big step with (to be honest) very little planning. I couldn't be happier with our new little buddy, though. Believe it or not, I think having a dog, in more ways than one has helped us prepare for children someday.

Another change has been at work. Since I had my first job at 17, I was always praised and respected for my ability to work just as hard, if not harder, than the guys. Now, 7 years later, I am being recognized for my ability in other areas of the retail world. I have gotten in touch with my creative side. This year, I started working in the sign room and have gained more confidence in my artistic abilities. The subject of management has also come across in my reviews this year and is something I am looking forward to in the future.

This year, like everybody, I experienced financial setback. I really had to struggle to make ends meet. Like everything in life, I came out stronger. I learned to communicate better with my husband, to work hard for the things that I want and to really trust God. I know this won't be the last time I struggle financially, but I know that God provides.

I could start making plans for next year but I think sometimes it's best to leave it be. Plans can get in the way of life. I can't wait to see what life has in store!

No comments: