Sunday, March 9, 2008

I'm back...sort of

It's been almost a month since we sent our computer in to get fixed. It's back now so I can finally check email and such out of the comfort of my own home. The reason I say "sort of" for being back is that I feel like I haven't been home in a while. I have been working two jobs and any moment to sleep is fully taken advantage of. It's been good though. Working at Baskin Robbins is a lot of fun. I might want to open up a ice cream shop someday. I was thinking like a ice cream/coffee shop. That would be awesome.

Work has been interesting. I have gotten myself into quite a few religious conversations recently. Not bad (I hope). They weren't debates on who is right and who is wrong. They were more of discussions on what we believe. I tried my best to speak truth and love without being judgemental but that in and of itself is very hard. I think my main question to God right now is, "Was that conversation honoring to You?" I can sit here and say all the things I said right but what I really want to know is what I did not say. Was I too tolerant of the other person's beliefs? Was I too passive? Did my thoughts and opinions come out in a way that distorted the others view on Christianity? I wish God could give us an evaluation form at the end of each day. Maybe I should tell him to email it to me...I got a computer now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes but that good be a bad thing as well. what if the scorecard contained all of the people we could have witnessed to but didn't?

Chris said...

I think that's the point.